The Bedroom may be your secluded retreat where you can escape from the wear and tear of the outside world.
Still it can be a great idea to take this concept upside down and let your bedroom be your private observation deck.
Here you can admire all the beauty out there from the comfort of your bed, snuggled up in your favorite set of sheets under a fluffy duvet.
When it comes to bedroom design, certain bedroom layouts work better than others, especially when it comes to pursuing harmony and restful sleep. What happens, though, if you turn your bed 180 degrees and place it in the middle of the room, facing a window (or two). We’re admiring this type of bedroom layout, but do we dare to jump on the turned bed trend?
Here are 10 bedrooms featuring this unusual furniture configuration.
1) A rustic farmhouse in Bourgogne, France, featuring a bedroom with a turned bed facing a large window. Sourced via Desire to Inspire.
2) The Sentosa House in Singapore, designed by Nicholas Burns, has an enormous bedroom with a bed placed in the middle of the room.
3) An Atherton, California, home by Turnbull Griffin Haesloop Architects uses a custom headboard as a partition that doubles as drawers on the reverse side.
4) A penthouse in Melbourne with a bed turned facing the outdoor patio. Sourced via Decoist.
5) The bedroom of Spanish designer José Gandía-Blasco has a headboard that doubles as a desk. He also chose to turn his bed to face a large window. Sourced via International Architecture and Design.
6) Owners Fiona and Tony Hooper turned to architect Sheila Narusawa to overhaul their Harbor Cottage in Maine. Narusawa created the lofty master suite out of three small bedrooms. She anchored a turned bed to an island in the center of the room, allowing the area behind to serve as a dressing area/office.
7) A storage/desk piece has dual-function as storage and a headboard for a turned bed in a Dutch home. Photography via VT Wonen.
8) A storage unit functions as a headboard in a bed placed in the middle of the room. Photograph via UK design site House to Home. For more bed storage options see, Sleep and Stow: Bed Frames with Built-in Storage.
9) A bedroom featuring a turned bed with a wide headboard that double as storage and hall divider. Sourced from Jas Design Build in Seattle.
10) The guest rooms of Montagne Alternative in Switzerland have beds with a headboard/console table in the middle of the room facing a view of the Alps.
Thumbnail courtesy of remodelista.com
We’ve got you covered when it comes to an enticing sleeping experience.